Certificate: CCC Professional Cloud Administrator (PCA)
Duration: 3 Days
Course Delivery: Classroom, Virtual Classroom, eBook Accreditor: Cloud Credential Council
The interaction between a cloud environment and the existing network/administrative policies is one of the most challenging management issues to resolve. This is the domain of cloud administrators. They configure and maintain the cloud platform—and have to understand and master all aspects regarding cloud provisioning.
The Cloud Provisioning and Administration course enables Network, Systems, and Database Administrators to effectively operate in the cloud. This 2-day training program provides a hands-on, practical approach to cloud provisioning for administrators and touches upon all the aspects of administering cloud services. The training covers best practices on cloud administration. It is supported by major vendor technology solutions and covers Open Source, as well as global vendor standards. This is a professional level course and relevant to professionals with at least 2-5 years of experience as an Administrator. The course prepares candidates for the Professional Cloud Administrator Certification (PCA).
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that participants hold the Cloud Technology Associate Certification (or its equivalent) from the Cloud Credential Council and/or that participants are conversant with cloud concepts and vocabulary.
Participants receive a copy of the classroom presentation material and the course book. In addition, they also receive access to the ITpreneurs learning portal where additional reference material is available. The learning portal allows participants to stay in touch with the instructor and the other class participants for several months after the course. Most of the material is also accessible via tablets/computers.
Individuals certified at this level will have a demonstrated understanding of:
● Types of Cloud Environments: Cloud environment controls, hosting, ITO Outsourcing, CoLoc, Onshore, offshore versus cloud.
● Planning for cloud capacity: Policy management and third party management.
● Cloud Administration technology: Virtual networks, storage and computing, application management in the cloud.
● Security administration, compliance and certification.
● Cloud Provisioning: Capacity Management, Service Desk Management, cloud provisioning/ automation management.
The Cloud Administrator course will be of interest to:
● The Professional Cloud Administrator certification is the most recognized/respected professional certification provided by the Cloud Credential Council (CCC). Professional certifications are awarded to candidates who have completed an approved certification-training program and have also completed one or more relevant technology training program(s)/certification(s).
● In order to apply for certification, the candidate is required to provide evidence of having completed an approved training program, as well as certificates reflecting the completion of pre-approved technology training programs. After having cleared both the PCA exam and related technology certifications, candidates can apply to the CCC for PCA certification. ITpreneurs is also available to offer course participants assistance in the process of obtaining these certifications.