Desktop support involves more than just supporting desktops. It includes support for laptops, notebooks, printers, and just about anything for which the company plans to
provide face-to-face desktop support. The desktop support manager is responsible for executing the operational and tactical plans of desktop support, while satisfying customer and business needs. Designed for both new and experienced desktop support managers, this course helps desktop support managers satisfy operational demands and build a support center that aligns with the organization, adds value to the business, and delivers on its commitments.
- Characteristics of an effective desktop support manager
- How to create and deliver on service level agreements and operating level agreements
- How to align desktop support services with business strategy, objectives, and processes
- The importance of the relationships among IT service management processes
- Tactics for screening, hiring, training, and leading high-performance teams
- How to create an internal marketing culture to promote your desktop support services
- The metrics and key performance indicators essential to desktop support performance reporting
This certification verifies that the desktop support manager possesses the knowledge of best and common practices necessary to successfully manage the operational and tactical components of a support organization while strategically aligning with the needs of the business.
About the Examination:
The certification exam is based on the HDI Desktop Support Manager (HDI-DSM) Certification Standard and is delivered online through the HDI Learning Center.
Each exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions and must be completed in 75 minutes. A minimum score of 80 percent is required to pass a certification exam, unless otherwise published. Individuals who achieve the passing score will receive a certificate from HDI acknowledging their accomplishment and a credentialing logo that may be added to signature blocks and business cards.
Our courses are developed from the certification standards and are designed to assist a student in preparing for an HDI certification exam. They reinforce the core concepts of the certification standards and provide skills-building opportunities for the attendees.
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
|Desktop Support||Service level Management||Workforce Management|
|Strategy||Metrics and Quality Assurance||Training and Retention|
|IT Financial Management||Desktop Support Processes||Promoting Desktop Support|
|Support Delivery Methods and Technology||Leadership|
Unit 1: Desktop Support
- The Evolution of Support
- Support Center Maturity
- Successful Desktop Support
Unit 2: Strategy
- Strategic Perspective
- Business Alignment
Unit 3: IT Financial Management
- IT Financial Management
- Cost, Value, and ROI
Unit 4: Support Delivery Methods and Technology
- Service Desk Infrastructure
- Telephony Infrastructure
- Desktop Support Delivery Methods
- Service Management Systems
- Selecting Service Desk Technology
Unit 5: Service Level Management
- Service Level Management
Unit 6: Metrics and Quality Assurance
- Desktop Support Metrics
- Data Sources
- Baselining and Benchmarking
- Performance Reporting
- Quality Assurance Programs
- Measuring Customer Satisfaction
- Measuring Employee Satisfaction
Unit 7: Desktop Support Processes
- Best Practices for Support
- IT Service Management
- The Service Desk
- Service Operations
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Knowledge Management
Unit 8: Leadership
- Your Responsibilities as a Desktop Support Manager
- Your Role as Leader
- Manage Operations Effectively
- Emotional Intelligence
- Influence & Motivate
- Integrity & Service Ethics
Unit 9: Workforce Management
- Workforce Management
- Staffing Models
Unit 10: Training and Retention
- Fostering Relationships
- Peer Mentoring
- Rewards, Motivation, Retention
- Performance Management
- Career Development Planning
Unit 11: Promoting Desktop Support
- What is Marketing?
- Creating Internal Marketing Culture
- Marketing Opportunities
- Experienced technical support professionals who must manage day-to-day functions of desktop support, as well as master critical performance and customer service strategies.
- Individuals who are preparing for the HDI Desktop Support Manager (HDI-DSM) certification exam.
EDUCORE EĞİTİM DANIŞMANLIK DENETİM YAZILIM TİC.LTD.ŞTİ.
Brandium Residence R2 Blok D:53 Dudullu Yolu Cad. Ataşehir Istanbul Türkiye
Call Center : 444 2673 – 444 CORE
Tel: +90 216 599 0 118
Tel: +90 216 450 69 39
Fax: +90 216 599 0 117
Educore Çağrı Merkezi numarası olan 444 26 73′ü Türkiye’nin her yerinden Haftaiçi 9-18 saatleri arasında arayabilirsiniz.