Desktop support professionals spend much of the day visiting customers at their
workstations or home offices, providing technical support for many desktop systems.
HDI Desktop Support Technician (HDI-DST) training focuses on key support center processes and concepts to improve overall support operations, as well as customer service and interpersonal skills that improve the customer’s experience.
- Proven techniques for improving on-site customer interaction.
- How service level agreements impact workflow and prioritization of requests.
- Seven key steps for effective root cause analysis.
- The ITIL® processes of incident, problem, change, release, asset, and configuration management.
- An overview of security management and knowledge management.
- Essential time management and problem-solving skills.
- Effective strategies for managing difficult customers.
This certification verifies that professionals in the desktop support technician role possess the knowledge of customer service and service management processes, as well as the necessary best practices, to provide high quality service and support at the desk-side.
About the Examination:
The certification exam is based on the HDI Desktop Support Technician (HDI-DST) Certification Standard and is delivered online through the HDI Learning Center.
Each exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions and must be completed in 75 minutes. A minimum score of 80 percent is required to pass a certification exam, unless otherwise published. Individuals who achieve the passing score will receive a certificate from HDI acknowledging their accomplishment and a credentialing logo that may be added to signature blocks and business cards.
Our courses are developed from the certification standards and are designed to assist a student in preparing for an HDI certification exam. They reinforce the core concepts of the certification standards and provide skills-building opportunities for the attendees.
|Day 1||Day 2|
|Support Center Overview||Communication Skills|
|Strategic Framework||Problem Solving and troubleshooting skills|
|Support Delivery Methods and Technology||Maximizing Effectiveness|
|Support Center Processes and Operations|
|Call Handling Procedures|
Unit 1: Support Center Overview
- The Evolution the Support Center
- The Role of Desktop Support Technician
- The Support Center’s Role in the Business
Unit 2: Strategic Framework
- Strategic Perspective
- Service Level Agreement
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Business Alignment
Unit 3: Service Delivery Methods and Technology
- Service Delivery Methods
- Telephony Systems
- Service Management Systems
Unit 4: Support Center Processes and Operations
- IT Service Management
- ITIL Service Support
- Security Management
- Knowledge Management
- Quality Assurance
Unit 5: Call Handling Procedures
- Total Contact Ownership
- Procedures for Call Handling
- Procedures for OnSite Visits
Unit 6: Communication Skills
- The Communication Process
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Vocal Elements
- Active Listening
- Body Language
- Incident Documentation
- Writing Skills
Unit 7: Problem-Solving and Troubleshooting Skills
- Problem-Solving and Types of Thinking
- Questioning Skills
- Solve Incidents with IMPACT
- Additional Customer Service Skills
- Root Cause Analysis
Unit 8: Maximizing Effectiveness
- Your Customer’s Psychological Needs
- Handling Conflict
- Difficult Customer Behaviors
- Stress Management
- The Power of a Service Attitude
- Managing Your Time
- Technical support professionals who provide in-person support to internal employees, remote workers, or external customers and require skills specific to this unique form of customer contact.
- Individuals who are preparing for the HDI Desktop Support Technician certification exam.
EDUCORE EĞİTİM DANIŞMANLIK DENETİM YAZILIM TİC.LTD.ŞTİ.
Brandium Residence R2 Blok D:53 Dudullu Yolu Cad. Ataşehir Istanbul Türkiye
Call Center : 444 2673 – 444 CORE
Tel: +90 216 599 0 118
Tel: +90 216 450 69 39
Fax: +90 216 599 0 117
Educore Çağrı Merkezi numarası olan 444 26 73′ü Türkiye’nin her yerinden Haftaiçi 9-18 saatleri arasında arayabilirsiniz.