Certificate: APMG ISO/IEC 20000 Auditors Exam
Duration: 2 days
Course Delivery: Classroom Workshop
Course ID: ISO1023
The ISO/IEC 20000 Auditors course is a 2-day classroom training relevant for professionals who play a role as a 3rd party auditor in an ISO/IEC 20000 assessment. This course is designed for professionals and certified auditors who require an orientation into ITSM in general and ISO/IEC 20000 in particular. Internal auditors working in an organization which is implementing or already has ISO/IEC 20000 certification will also find this course useful to improve not only their understanding of the subject but also the application of ISO/IEC 20000 within their organization.
At the end of the 2-day classroom training, the APMG certification exam, which is a multiple-choice exam, can be conducted. This training does not cover audit techniques or the issues involved in preparing an organization for an audit.
The certificate is awarded to candidates passing the relevant examination, which can only be taken as part of an accredited training course. The course covers the interpretation and application of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard. The exam is a one-hour closed-book, 40-question, multiple-choice test, which is paper based or provided as an online exam. To pass, candidates must answer 26 or more questions correctly.
Delegates attending the course are required to have a minimum of three years’ experience conducting audits in an IT environment. This may be as a third-party auditor or as an internal auditor for an organization. This qualification will build on basic audit and IT knowledge with regard to the contents of ISO/IEC 20000 and its use.
Course Student Material:
Students will be provided with a manual containing a copy of classroom visual aids, assignments, and a feedback form. Course material required for the course and made available by the customer or ITpreneurs partner:
● ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 IT Service Management: Specification for Service Management
● ISO/IEC 20000-2:2011 IT Service Management: Code of Practice for Service Management
The candidate should understand the principles of ITSM and the contents of ISO/IEC 20000. Specifically, the candidate should understand:
● The structure, requirements, objectives and application of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 (service management system requirements).
● ITSM principles.
● Eligibility, applicability and scoping principles and how to apply them to a typical ITSM service provider.
● Application and relevance of Parts 2 and 3 of the standard.
● What is required in pre-audits, formal certification and surveillance audits using the regulations of the APMG certification scheme.
This qualification is aimed at existing third-party or internal auditors who wish to understand the specific requirements of auditing IT service management systems for conformity with the ISO/IEC 20000 standard.