Certificate: APMG Certification
Duration: 3 days
Course Delivery: Classroom Workshop
Course ID: ISO1024CL
This interactive workshop, leading to the ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioners examination is aimed at practicing IT practitioners who assist organizations to prepare for or retain ISO/IEC 20000 certification. The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to ensure that the candidate has sufficient understanding of ISO/IEC 20000 and its application to be able to analyse and apply their knowledge to a range of activities that would support organizations in achieving and retaining ISO/IEC 20000 certification.
The course covers the interpretation and application of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and enables practitioners to develop the Service Management capability of an organization and assess its readiness for certification within the ISO/IEC 20000 certification scheme.
Internal auditors involved in preparing an organization for ISO/IEC 20000 certification might find this course more appropriate than the APMG ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor course. An exam will be conducted at the end of the training.
Participants attending the course are required to have a fundamental knowledge of IT service management principles and processes. The basic ITSM knowledge required is exemplified by either an ITIL® Service Management Foundation certificate or an approved ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation certificate, possession of one of which is mandatory for attending this course.
Course Student Material:
Participants will be provided with a manual containing a copy of classroom visual aids, assignments, and a feedback form.Course materials required for the course and made available by the customer or ITpreneurs partner: Recommended additional participants materials:
● ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 IT Service Management: Specification for Service Management
● ISO/IEC 20000-2:2011 IT Service Management. Code of Practice for Service Management
Candidates should understand and be able to analyse and apply the content of ISO/IEC 20000 within currently certified organizations, or organizations wishing to implement an SMS in preparation for initial certification.At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
● Understand the purpose, use and application of Parts 1, 2 and 3 of the standard.
● Assist and advise organizations in the achievement of conformance to ISO/IEC 20000 and certification.
● Understand, explain and advise on issues regarding applicability, eligibility and scoping.
● Understand and explain the relationship between ISO/IEC 20000 and ITSM best practices in common use and related standards.
● Explain and apply the requirements of Part 1.
● Advise and assist in ISO/IEC 200000 certification readiness assessments.
● Produce a gap analysis supported by an improvement and implementation plan.
● Understand, create and apply a service management plan.
● Assist and advise organizations on the implementation of continual improvement processes.
● Prepare organizations for an ISO/IEC 20000 certification audit using the regulations of the APMG Certification Scheme.
About the Exam
The ISO/IEC 20000 exam is a 3-hour multiple-choice exam with 4 questions. Each of the 4 questions is worth 20 marks, giving a maximum of 80 marks in the exam paper. The pass mark is 50% (40 marks). Within each question the syllabus area to which the question refers is clearly stated. The exam may be taken with the support of the ISO/IEC 20000 Part 1 standard.Candidates may purchase their personal copy of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard from the ISO webshop. A personal PDF will be created. The URL is: http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail?csnumber=51986