Certificate: Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor
Duration: 5 days
Course Delivery: Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Course ID: GOV5320
Credits: 31 CPEs
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to audit a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training, the participant will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 the certification process according to 17021. Based on practical exercises, the participant will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to efficiently conduct an audit. This training is compatible with BS 25999 audit (Business continuity management specification) and ISO 27031 (Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity).
The Professional Evaluation Certification Board (PECB) is ISO/IEC 17024 accredited by ANSI.
ISO 22301 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of BS 25999 or ISO 27031 and business continuity concepts is recommended.
● An copy of the classroom presentation material
● A study handbook containing information and practical examples
● An exam preparation guide
To acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 22301 or BS 25999 internal audit following ISO 19011 guidelines.
● To acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 22301 or BS 25999 certification audit following ISO 19011 guidelines and the specifications of ISO 17021.
● To acquire the expertise necessary to manage a BCMS audit team.
● Understanding the operation of the BCMS in accordance with ISO22301, ISO 27031 or BS 25999.
● To understand the relationship between a Business Continuity Management System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization.
Internal auditors and auditors wanting to perform and lead BCMS certification audits
Project managers or consultants wanting to master the BCMS audit process
Persons responsible for the Business Continuity conformity in an organization
Members of a Business Continuity team
Expert advisors in information technology
Technical experts wanting to prepare for an Business Continuity audit function
About the Examination:
● The “Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
✓ Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of business continuity
✓ Domain 2: Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
✓ Domain 3: Fundamental Audit Concepts and Principles
✓ Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 22301 audit
✓ Domain 5: Conducting of an ISO 22301 audit
✓ Domain 6: Conclusion and follow-up of an ISO 22301 audit
✓ Domain 7: Managing an ISO 22301 audit program
● The exam is available in different languages, including English, French, Spanish and Portuguese
● The exam consists of 12 essay-type questions
● Open book: Participants may use all PECB provided documentation plus their own course notes, but will not be permitted to use any computer, laptop or any other electronic device.
● Paper-based exam
● A minimum score of 70% is required to pass the exam
● The exam lasts 180 minutes
For more information about the exam, please visit: www.pecb.org