Certificate: Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer
Duration: 5 days
Course Delivery: Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Course ID: GOV5310
Credits: 31 CPEs
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301:2010. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement business continuity processes from the ISO 22399. This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems – Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). This training is fully compatible with BS 25999 (Business continuity management specification) and ISO 27031 (Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity).
The Professional Evaluation Certification Board (PECB) is ISO/IEC 17024 accredited by ANSI.
ISO 22301 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of ISO 27031 or BS 25999 and business continuity concepts is recommended.
● A copy of the classroom presentation material
● A study handbook containing information and practical examples
● An exam preparation guide
● To understand the implementation of a BCMS in accordance with ISO 22301, ISO 27031 or BS 25999.
● To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of a BCMS.
● To understand the relationship between the components of a BCMS and the compliance with the requirements.
● To acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining a BCMS as specified in ISO22301 or BS 25999.
● To acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO22301 or BS 25999.
● Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS).
● Business continuity auditors who wish to fully understand the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System.
● Persons responsible for the business continuity conformity in an organization.
● Members of a business continuity team.
● Expert advisors in business continuity.
● Members of an organization that want to prepare for an business continuity function or for a BCMS project management function.
● The “Certified ISO 22301 Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
✓ Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of business continuity
✓ Domain 2: Business continuity best practice based on ISO 22301
✓ Domain 3: Planning a BCMS based on ISO 22301
✓ Domain 4: Implementing a BCMS based on ISO 22301
✓ Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
✓ Domain 6: Continual improvement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
✓ Domain 7: Preparing for a BCMS certification audit
● The exam is available in different languages, including English, French, Spanish and Portuguese
● The exam consists of 13 essay-type questions
● Open book: Participants may use all PECB provided documentation plus their own course notes, but will not be permitted to use any computer, laptop or any other electronic device.
● Paper-based exam
● A minimum score of 70% is required to pass the exam
● The exam lasts 180 minutes
For more information about the exam, please visit: www.pecb.org