Certificate: Kepner-Tregoe High Severity Incident Management
Duration: 2 days
Course Delivery: Classroom
Advanced Troubleshooting Skills for Incident Management
Take the next step in maximizing your critical thinking skills for improved service performance
This course is designed exclusively for learners who have successfully completed the KT Foundation course and is the next step in developing expertise in the area of High Severity/Major Incident Management towards becoming a high performance “trouble-shooter”.
Participants will have already learned an overview of the core KT skills— Situation Appraisal, Problem Analysis, Decision Analysis and Potential Problem Analysis. During the KT High Severity Incident Management workshop they will be introduced to additional Incident Handling skills to restore service:
● Using Situation Appraisal and Problem Analysis “at speed”— how to drive structured service restoration under time pressure
● Advanced Incident Management techniques—managing the “end-to-end” process of service restoration
● Facilitation of Major Incidents—leading the incident resolution process
Participants need to have successfully completed the Kepner-Tregoe Foundation Course and Exam.
Participants receive a copy of the classroom presentation material and the Participant Workbook, which contains reference material.
Key components of KT workshop are:
● A discovery case to assess current approaches to Incident Management and compare them to the KT approach
● “Process Teaches” which introduce the KT concepts in a step-by-step approach
● A series of case studies which allow participants to test their understanding of the techniques in a structured/simulated environment
● Coaching and feedback by the instructor to reinforce the learning
● Structured discussions about how the KT processes get implemented to drive hard results
This two-day course is beneficial for service-desk staff, analysts, problem and incident managers, auditors, quality managers, operators, technicians, engineers and others responsible for customer service and support.
Individuals with ITIL® intermediate qualifications in Service Operation (SO) or Operational Support an Analysis (OSA) will find the Kepner-Tregoe course extremely beneficial in improving their problem and incident management.