Certificate: XBRL Foundation
Duration: 10 hours
Course Delivery: Self-Paced eLearning
Course ID: IFM2210E
Credits: 10 PDUs
The ITpreneurs XBRL Foundation eLearning course is a 10-hour, interactive, online learning experience, covering the essentials of XBRL and exploring it from a balanced business/technical perspective.
The course prepares learners to successfully adopt and manage XBRL implementation projects—helping them to achieve their full potential. Everyone who completes the XBRL Foundation course is eligible to take the certification exam and receive official certification by XBRL International, Inc. (XII), the most respected XBRL authority in the world.
Designed to be an engaging experience for learners, this self-paced course provides them with the knowledge and confidence needed to make the right decisions when using XBRL taxonomies and tools. The course follows proven methods to promote learning, breaking down complex concepts into easily comprehensible portions. Learners are introduced to a broad picture of XBRL and are shown how this reporting standard can be leveraged to improve business and financial reporting.
None, although a familiarity with IT Service Delivery is beneficial.
At the end of this course, learners will understand:
● Data exchange formats in the electronic business reporting process (informational and operational reporting, standards and proprietary solutions).
● Challenges of electronic communication of business data and how they are addressed by the XBRL standard.
● Application of XBRL in different reporting scenarios with reference to existing international and national projects.
● XBRL standard development and governance (key milestones, organization and supporters).
● XBRL specifications and their coverage of business-reporting-related functionalities.
● XBRL architecture: relation between taxonomies and instance documents.
● XBRL taxonomy content: declaration of business concepts, purpose and semantics of various linkbases.
● Content of XBRL instance documents: Contexts, fact values and footnotes.
● Integration of XBRL in the business reporting chain: Impact of XBRL implementation on data collection, transfer, validation, storage and subsequent usage.
● Finance Staff members who have direct responsibility for implementing XBRL filing requirements.
● CFOs, Controllers, External Reporting Managers
● XBRL Implementation Project Managers
● XBRL Consultants
● Analysts and Investors who want to streamline their professional work
● System Architects, Application Designers and Developers who facilitate solutions
About the Examination:
● XBRL Foundation training is a prerequisite.
● The closed-book exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 70% (28 out of 40 questions). The exam lasts 60 minutes.