Qualifications Scheme for Management Systems Professionals
Auditor level, for professionals who want to demonstrate their skills as Auditors of different management systems. To reach this level, candidates need to prossess the Professional level certification in a management system. The level consists of 4 grades:
- Provisional Auditor, which requires some professional experience, but no prior auditing experience.
- Auditor, which requires prior professional and relevant auditing experience
- Lead Auditor, which requires professional and further relevant, high level auditing experience
- Internal Auditor, which requires prior professional and auditing experience within the candidate’s own organization.
Certification at any of the above grades requires a 3-day formal training course at a training organization accredited by PEOPLECERT and passing an ISO 19011-based examination.
Auditor exam format
- 40 multiple choice based questions based on ISO 19011
- 1 of 4 possible answers must be selected to each question
- All questions are of equal weight
- Duration: 60 minutes (an extra 15 min will be granted to non-native speakers)
- Pass mark: 65% (26 out of 40 questions)
For detailed information on the prerequisites of each level in the scheme please refer to the Candidates Certification Guide.
Important Notes for Auditors
- Candidates for the Auditor and Lead Auditor levels must also successfully complete a Personal Attribute Assessment test administered by PEOPLECERT.
- Applicants for any Auditor grade do not need to possess prior certification at a less senior grade. Candidates can enter the scheme at the level corresponding to their educational background, professional and auditing experience.
- Professionals who are certified at a particular Auditor grade, are encouraged to apply for a regrade to a more senior grade as soon as they have fulfilled the senior level’s requirements.
- Candidates who possess Professional level certification in more than one ISO standards, can apply for Auditor certification in all of these standards. Upon passing the Auditor exam, they will receive their certification for all the ISO standards they qualify.
Personal Attribute Assessment Test
The Personal Attribute Assessment Test measures a professional’s personal attributes relating to his/her occupational capabilities and competence. These include attribute such as how open-mided, diplomatic, observant, perceptive, versatile, tenacious, etc. an individual is. For more detailed information, please refer to the PEOPLECERT Professional Certifications in Management Systems Certification Guide.
Personal Attribute Assessment Test Format
- 85 multiple-choice questions
- 6 possible answers to each question
- Duration: 35 minutes