Scrum, Extreme Programming, Lean, Feature Driven Development and other methods each have their strengths. While there are significant similarities under the Agile umbrella, each method brings specific tools for team success. Rarely do organizations adopt one methodology in its pure form. Rather, success is achieved by combining best practices.
In this three-day Agile Boot Camp, you will put the skills, tools and techniques you are taught to work. The classroom will be broken up into Agile teams and an expert instructor will drive each team through the Agile process: from vision down to daily planning and execution. Your instructor will answer questions with real-world experience, as all of our instructors have Agile experience “in the trenches.” You will leave the class with practical knowledge and a clear roadmap for success.
- Structure a team with generalizing specialists so the team can develop working software incrementally.
- Practice and maintain a regular cadence when delivering working software each iteration.
- Follow the team approach; start as a team, finish as a team — and focus on delivering value to the organization.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of Agile principles and why they are so important for each team.
- Embrace the five levels of planning and recognize the value of continuous planning.
- Build a backlog of prioritized and estimated user stories that provides emergent requirements for analysis and foster customer engagement and understanding.
- Engage in more effective estimating (story points) and become more accurate by being less precise.
- Create accurate Agile release plans that connect you back to business expectations – including hard date commitments and fixed price models.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Students will receive a course manual with presentation slides and reference materials as well as one deck of Agile Planning Poker cards.
There is no exam.
|1. Agile Introduction and Overview||1. Prioritizing the Product Backlog||1. Iteration Execution|
|2. Forming the Agile Team||2. Estimating||2. Measuring and Communicating Progress|
|3. Product Vision||3. Release Planning||3. Iteration Review and Demo|
|4. Focus on the Customer||4. Story Review||4. Retrospectives|
|5. Creating a Product Backlog||5. Iteration Planning||5. Bringing it All Together|
|6. Product Roadmap|
Agile Introduction and Overview
- Why Agile
- Agile Methods
- Agile Benefits
- Agile Basics – understanding the lingo
Forming the Agile Team
- Team Roles
- Process Expectations
- Self organizing teams – where flexibility exists
- Communication – inside and out
- Five Levels of Planning in Agile
- Importance of Product Vision
- Creating and communicating vision
Focus on the Customer
- User Roles
- Customer Personas
- Customer Participation
Creating a Product Backlog
- User Stories
- Acceptance Tests
- What makes a good story (sizing and substance)
- Story Writing Workshop
- Product Themes
- Importance of Focus
- Creating the Roadmap
- Maintaining the Roadmap
Prioritizing the Product Backlog
- Methods for prioritizing
- Building Trust
- Expectations for prioritizing stories
- Actual vs Relative estimating
- Story Points
- Planning Poker
- Estimating Team velocity
- Utilizing velocity
- Continuous Integration
- Regular cadence
- Getting to the details
- Keeping cadence
- Task breakdown
- Time estimates
- Definition of “done”
- Active participation
- Collaboration – value individuals and interactions
– Daily Standup (Scrum)
Measuring and Communicating Progress
- Actual effort and remaining effort
- Burndown charts
- Tools and Reporting
- Your company specific measures
Iteration Review and Demo
- Iteration Review
- Demos – a change from the past
- What we did well
- What did not go so well
- What will we improve
Bringing it All Together
- Process Overview
- Team Roadmap
Because this is an immersion course and the intent is to engage in the practices every Agile team will employ, this course is recommended for all team members responsible for delivering outstanding software. That includes, but is not limited to, the following roles:
- Business Analyst
- Technical Analyst
- Project Manager
- Software Engineer/Programmer
- Development Manager
- Product Manager
- Product Analyst
- QA Engineer
- Documentation Specialist
EDUCORE EĞİTİM DANIŞMANLIK DENETİM YAZILIM TİC.LTD.ŞTİ.
Brandium Residence R2 Blok D:53 Dudullu Yolu Cad. Ataşehir Istanbul Türkiye
Call Center : 444 2673 – 444 CORE
Tel: +90 216 599 0 118
Tel: +90 216 450 69 39
Fax: +90 216 599 0 117
Educore Çağrı Merkezi numarası olan 444 26 73′ü Türkiye’nin her yerinden Haftaiçi 9-18 saatleri arasında arayabilirsiniz.