Certificate: ISTQB Software Testing Foundation
Duration: 3 days
Course Delivery: Classroom
This is a foundation-level course designed to provide participants with an understanding of some of the fundamental principles of testing. You will learn how testing activities support development activities across different software development models as well as the common testing terminology. The course provides an overview of both static and dynamic testing techniques and how to apply them; introduces test management issues including test planning and estimation, risk-based testing and incident management; and covers tool support for testing, describing many types of tool support, the benefits and potential risks of tools and an effective process for introducing them into an organization.
Holders of the Foundation Certificate will be able to go on to a higher-level software testing qualification.
Individuals certified at this level will be able to:
● Use a common language for efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders.
● Understand established testing concepts, the fundamental test process, test approaches, and principles to support test objectives.
● Design and prioritize tests by using established techniques; analyze both functional and non-functional specifications (such as performance and usability) at all test levels for systems with a low to medium level of complexity.
● Execute tests according to agreed test plans, and analyze and report on the results of tests.
● Write clear and understandable incident reports.
● Effectively participate in reviews of small to medium-sized projects.
● Be familiar with different types of testing tools and their uses; assist in the selection and implementation process.
The ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level course is appropriate for everyone involved in software testing. However, it is strongly recommended by ISTQB that candidates also have a minimal background in either software development or software testing.
You will receive the following as part of this course:
● Participant Handbook
● Separate exercise handouts with solutions.
● Separate practice exams with answer commentary.
Fundamentals of Testing
● Why is Testing Necessary?
● What is Testing?
● Seven Testing Principles
● Fundamental Test Process
● The Psychology of Testing
● Code of Ethics
Testing Throughout the Software Life Cycle
● Software Development Models
● Test Levels
● Test Types
● Maintenance Testing
● Static Techniques and the Test Process
● Review Process
● Static Analysis by Tools
Test Design Techniques
● The Test Development Process
● Categories of Test Design Techniques
● Specification-based or Black-box Techniques
● Structure-based or White-box Techniques
● Experience-based Techniques
● Choosing Test Techniques
● Test Organisation
● Test Planning and Estimation
● Test Progress Monitoring and Control
● Configuration Management
● Risk and Testing
● Incident Management
Tool Support for Testing
● Types of Test Tools
● Effective Use of Tools: Potential Benefits and Risks
● Introducing a Tool into an Organisation
The Foundation Level qualification is primarily aimed at professionals who need to demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing. This includes people in roles such as test designers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and IT Professionals.
The Foundation Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who needs a basic understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants.
Others include: Test Programme Manager, Test Manager, Requirements Engineer, Developer, Functional Tester, Agile Tester, User Acceptance Tester, Test Automation Specialist, Performance Test Specialist, Test Environments Specialist, Security Testing Specialist
● Exam Format: closed-book format. Paper-Based or Online. Participants may bring language translation dictionary, non-programmable electronic calculator.
● Questions: 40 multiple choice questions.
● Passing Score: 65% / 26 points
● Exam Duration: 60 minutes. 15 minutes extra time for non-native English speakers
● Proctoring: Live